Student waits until last day of holiday to create long awaited satire Facebook page


THE HAGUE – Aside from spending his holiday idly waiting for Game of Throne’s releases and binge watching Ozark on Netflix in a day’s sitting, area law student realizes on the last day of vacation to make long dreamed-about satirical newspaper.

‘I’ve always wanted to this, it’s been In the planning for a while now, I’ve just never had the time’ said 3rd year Law Student Bret Owen before spending an entire evening rewatching season 3 of Sons of Anarchy on his laptop.

“Writing seriously isn’t something you can just start doing, it includes planning and stuff, and planning isn’t something I’m particularly good at, so I said ‘fuck it’ and launched the page” He said over a plate of poorly made pasta and pesto.

“To be honest this is typical me, leaving everything till last minute, I thought this behavior was limited to my academics, apparently not” said Bret with a blank look on his face.
 before point to his wall covered with post-its of cringy article headlines obviously inspired by The Onion. ‘I get it, It's not exactly the most original idea but hey, should be cool to poke fun at my course from a safe space, right?’

Bret reserved his right to remain silent when asked if this new satirical newspaper idea of his would interfere with his less than adequate academic performance, simply incorrectly citing an obscure and pseudo-intellectual quote from a character in Suits. One can only ask if he'll actually commit to putting out something good. 


Comments